Warning: include(/home/antiquen/public_html/victorianforum.com/Themes/core/scripts/dump.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/antiquen/public_html/victorianforum.com/index.php on line 3

Warning: include(): Failed opening '/home/antiquen/public_html/victorianforum.com/Themes/core/scripts/dump.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/antiquen/public_html/victorianforum.com/index.php on line 3
Wonderful Website on Electric Light Fixtures of the 1880's

March 24, 2017, 09:01:00 AM

News:

Help us get the new Rare Victorian Community Forum up and thriving!
Please feel free to register, post and respond!

Wonderful Website on Electric Light Fixtures of the 1880's

Started by drew49, April 29, 2008, 05:28:33 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

drew49

Hi!
I am sure you are all aware of this, but just in case you are not, I ran across a wonderful site on early lighting and light sockets.
It is antiquesockets.com. These are two links to lighting of the 1880's on the left menu, down a considerable distance from the top--
one is called "Styles 1881 to 1884" and the other is "Other pre-1888 Styles." There are fascinating photos, catalog illustrations and other info about later, turn of the 20th century lighting as well. Using another part of the site, I was able to date a lamp base with Hubbell sockets and acorn pulls to 1904-1909 (a Saturday sale purchase--the base turns out to be a Pittsburgh base.)

With best wishes,
drew49

Rare Victorian

Great site Drew49.  I perused it a bit and there is so much information there it is overwhelming.  Looks like the site owner has been collecting original catalogs for decades.
Stop by the Rare Victorian blog - www.RareVictorian.com

drew49

This is an addendum to my earlier posts. The gentleman behind the site, antiquesockets.com, has been very helpful with my questions about lamps, sockets etc. Once again, I highly recommend this site!
With best wishes,
drew49

Go Up